RE: Slightly OT: Collector plates?

To: <s1500@comcast.net>, "'Spitfires'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Slightly OT: Collector plates?
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:25:23 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of s1500@comcast.net
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 11:18 AM
To: Spitfires
Subject: Slightly OT: Collector plates?

Slightly off-topic, but someone's gotta have the mad knowledge.

I'd like to ditch my regular vanity plates in favor of non-vanity(just
assigned numbers) collector plates. I'm in Minnesota. No tabs = yay.

Question is this. I've been checking mndriveinfo.org, and they want me
to fill out a ps2000 form, if I read correctly.  This is the super-long
title of ownership form.

There's a checkmark saying I certified the exhaust system has been/not
altered. Well, you see, I got rid of the awful cat. converter for the
4-2-1 exhaust. Would this ruin my eligibility for a collector plate? I'm
a bit confused with all the forms and such on the website. Wonder if
anyone has gone through the process before.

The car is otherwise correctly registered with the state. I just want
plain 'ol collector plates.  It's over 20 years old for sure.

I can't say about the MN rules but if you move to AZ you can get a
Historic Vehicle plate without having to jump through any emissions or
originality hoops.  Also, you will be in good company since there are a
lot of Yankee plates on the highways down here.

Joe