Slightly OT: Collector plates?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net (Spitfires)
Subject: Slightly OT: Collector plates?
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 18:18:17 +0000
Slightly off-topic, but someone's gotta have the mad knowledge.

I'd like to ditch my regular vanity plates in favor of non-vanity(just assigned
numbers) collector plates. I'm in Minnesota. No tabs = yay.

Question is this. I've been checking mndriveinfo.org, and they want me to fill
out a ps2000 form, if I read correctly.  This is the super-long title of
ownership form.

There's a checkmark saying I certified the exhaust system has been/not
altered. Well, you see, I got rid of the awful cat. converter for the 4-2-1
exhaust. Would this ruin my eligibility for a collector plate? I'm a bit
confused with all the forms and such on the website. Wonder if anyone has gone
through the process before.

The car is otherwise correctly registered with the state. I just want plain 'ol
collector plates.  It's over 20 years old for sure.

--
http://infaux.net