RE: Spitfire Swing Spring

To: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject: RE: Spitfire Swing Spring
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 10:44:48 -0700
Actually I believe its probably more because the different upright angle
also causes actual loading at the hub to be less (longer lever arm) than in
its more upright position - (shock loading is also a function of angle vs
load) - as the upright deviates outward, less downward pressure is
available and some of the energy is transferred to the axle as lateral
down force on the pivot points:-)
******************************
>But, as I've already mentioned a couple of days ago, including mathematical
>workings, this causes such a small change in ride height (0.084") - and
>therefore camber (0.4deg) - as not to be worth worrying about.  My post is
>in the archives here:
>http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/wilma_hiliter/spitfires/200408/msg00169.html
>
>Bill, are you sure about the different length springs??  I was under the
>impression that the same length spring was used throughout; the Rimmers
>catalogue
>http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/cgi-bin/rimmer?spitfire/susp#Rear%20Spring,%20Fi
>ttings%20&%20Shock%20Absorber would seem to support that, only one spring
>listed.
>
>Richard
>

>This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
>If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
>strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
>stated in this communication shall be legally binding.
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)
---