RE: help!

To: "'Larry Vaughan'" <lvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: help!
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 20:22:43 -0700
Larry,
Don't get discouraged.  All is not that bad.

First, with a properly running Spitfire you should be able to stay out
of everyone's way, but you will never be able to take on a challenge
offered up by one of the modern high rev tuners.  But then, why would
you want to?  Your car will always LOOK much better than any of the
modern boxes being offered up!

That said, there are several things you can do top enhance the
performance of your Spit (including replacing the engine and gearbox
with one of many modern high performance products.  If you don't want to
do that, there is always the other options you can pursue, including
what I am currently working on; electronic fuel injection.  I am about
half way through this upgrade and more than half way finished funding
it.  I figure that I will be out over 3 grand for the system but it
should prove to be much more fuel efficient, more emissions efficient
and infinitely more reliable than the normally carbureted engine.  I
figure it will offer up an additional 20 HP as well.
At you!

But as with anything, these are only hypothetical.  Your results may
vary!  :)

Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully, it
is NOT a train coming directly at you.

Cheers,
Joe