RE: repainting alternator?

To: <s1500@comcast.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: repainting alternator?
From: "Gene Eighmy" <w4eae@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:29:07 -0500
> Question: What's the best-color paint for the alternator's pulley/fan
> blades?
> Also, what's the appropriate color for the alternator body?

The Pulley and alternator body should be glossy black.  For the
alternator fan blades, try using aluminum colored brake paint.  It isn't
real bright aluminum like the 1200 degree ceramic paint, but more like
brushed aluminum or pewter.  It looks clean and original and is designed
to keep dust from sticking.  I used some on my wiper motor extrusions
and it works great.

Gene

'79 Spitfire 1500
'88 Jeep Cherokee TSV