Re: 2400 RPM Whistle

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2400 RPM Whistle
From: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:07:43 -0700 (PDT)
I just spent $700 having a very good shop track down a
rpm-specific problem in my Dodge Dakota 5.2 V8.  $500
of that was spent on labor to rule out most likely
possibilities (!), $50 for the parts, and $150 for the
replacement of the parts.  Turned out in my case to be
the bushing that holds the distributor drive gear
against the cam had developed an egg-shaped center.
My symptom, though, was a miss and backfire only at
2200-2300 rpm.

Could your whistle be a hole in a line or gasket that
only toots when the vacuum's highest?

Just a shot in the dark, we're all in this together,
MDN