GT6 exhaust system

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 exhaust system
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:04:31 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
My GT6 project car is almost ready to have an exhaust system installed.  I am
planning to take it to a local muffler shop and have a custom system made for
it.  It has a 6 into 1 tubular header with a 2 1/2" collector.  I had thought
about having a 2 1/2" system made, but the GT6 Competition Prep manual
recommends a 2" system and points out that splitting the pipes at the rear
actually results in HP loss.  My other GT6 has a 2" system with a single turbo
muffler in the rear.  It's almost 14 years old and still makes just the right
amount of noise so I plan to put a similar system in the other car.  Should I
have a 2 1/2" system made or stick to Kastner's recommendations and use a 2"
system?
thanks,
Dave