RE: RE: Spitfire Water Pump... oops...

To: "'Dave Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: RE: Spitfire Water Pump... oops...
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:23:34 -0700
The hole is closer to the pump and there is a bearing forward of that.
But if the seal is leaking, the pump is shot anyway so I can't see any
reason that the bearing needs to be protected at that point.  I think
the early pumps are rebuildable if you can get the parts but these days
I think they are pretty much "throw-away"

Joe