Valve cover/Bonnett clearance

To: "Spit6 Mail List" <spit6cgt6@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Valve cover/Bonnett clearance
From: "Ed Hamilton" <h_edward@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:40:32 -0400
First, I have a clearance problem between the stock Gt6 valve cover and the
rocker assembly at the "baffle plate" inside the cover where the breather
pipe exits.  I know, I know, your saying "can't be".  The clearance problem
is a result of roller rockers and a high lift camshaft that are installed.

I'm told that I need a "special" aluminum rocker cover produced for the Gt6
which has a slope to it.  Apparently the rocker cover itself has slightly
larger dimensions to provide the necessary rocker arm clearance.  At the
same time, it is sloped to allow clearance between the cover and bonnet.

At least two people have heard and seen of such a thing, but no-one has any
idea where this can be obtained.  Here is hoping that someone on the list
will know of the vendor.

Best regards,

Ed Hamilton