Window Weatherseals & Miata Seats

To: "Spitfires \(spitfires\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Window Weatherseals & Miata Seats
From: "Mitchell, Doug \(D.B.\)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:56:35 -0400
Spitted ones,

Does anyone have the original inner window seals (the fuzzy ones) still
on their car? I know that I changed them on mine many years ago, and am
wondering why the last approximately inch on each end is cut away. I
know
that I used the originals as a pattern when I cut them down, but I don't
know why they would have been cut down in the first place. I am about to
replace mine again after changing the window channel (rusted to the
extent
that the window would hang on the pivot for the regulator).

As to the Miata seats, how are they with the tonneau and soft/hard tops?
I had after-market seats in my Spit many moons ago, before the car came
to the States, I was unable to use the tonneau, and I had to hold my
head
at an angle when the hard top was on the car. The soft top looked like
it
had a Gurney bubble in it.

Thanks,

Doug