Help identifing intake manifold

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help identifing intake manifold
From: "Chris crisenbery" <ccrisenbery@fellerfinch.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:31:53 -0400
Hi everyone,

I just bought an old road racing spitfire and it came with an extra
intake manifold which looks at first glance to be a 1 1/4 or 1 1/2
1300/1500 intake but at closer inspection there are a number of
differences and I'm not sure what it's for and thought maybe one of you
might shed some light on it for me?

The mounting flange to the head matches the 1300/1500 heads but where
the carbs bolt on the studs are rotated about 15 to 30 degrees from
vertical.  The thing that is most different is the flanges where the
carbs bolt on are not parallel to the flange that mounts to the head but
each flange is tipped towards each other so either the carbs would be
slightly pointed at each other or they would have a bent throat at the
mounting flanges.  I believe the intake is for 1 1/2in SU's

I appreciate any comments you all might have.

Chris