Re: setting timing, carb settings and a non-running Spit

To: SpitfireMailList <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: setting timing, carb settings and a non-running Spit
From: Tim Schuh <tim@ugly.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:41:23 -0500
I may have found the problem.  I put a clean filter inline after the
mechanical fuel pump.  The pump primed the line when I got the engine
started using starter fluid but stalled shortly after.  I did note that
there didn't seem to be any increase in volume with the engine running
vs. cranking though.  I pumped the accelerator a few times to put a
little more gas in the carb and started the car on gas for the first
time once I had this figured out.  If I had a small enough tank I might
be tempted to suspend 1/8 gallon or so and gravity feed the carb to
double check my logic.  So now the question is where is the best place
to wire in an electric fuel pump.  Is there a make(s) and model(s) of
fuel pump that are better suited (i.e. integrated fuel pressure
regulator, etc).  Even more important, are the pumps to specifically avoid?

--
Tim Schuh
Network Primate