Adhesive & a coolant hose?

To: "nass@yahoogroups.com" <nass@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Adhesive & a coolant hose?
From: Bob Greene <rgreene@whoi.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:46:32 -0400
Hi Spitsters:
    1979 Spitfire, the black molded, plastic vinyl that covers the
inside windshield posts have been removed from the DPO. I checked with
many sources & have found the molded material is no longer available. I
have some automotive grade black sheet vinyl that I am going to attempt
to recover the inside windshield posts with. I have used a couple of
different aerosol adhesives to glue down carpets before & thought it
maybe a good choice for this windshield project?
    I am a little worried the aerosol sets up too quickly & won't allow
enough time to work the sheet vinyl around the contours of the frame,
(so to get any wrinkles out)? Anyone have any BTDT experience or
suggestions for the right type of adhesive?
    Also one more question. The coolant hose that goes from the intake
manifold to the hard pipe to the heater valve, replacements not
available, what are you all using in it's place?
    Thanks
    Bob
76 TR6 & 79 Spit
CCBCC