Spares kit -- what I decided on

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spares kit -- what I decided on
From: Andrew Beck <abeck@ica.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:58:09 -0400
1979 Triumph Spitfire

You may remember a while ago I posted an email about spare kits and what
various people carry.  I thought that people might have some interest on
what I finally decided on:

Above the rear right wheel is a selection of heater hoses, cooling hoses,
etc. in case I have any problems there.

The rest of my kit fits in a nice little canvas tool bag about the size of a
shoebox (opens at the top and folds like an old doctors bag).  It contains
the following:

- socket set
- screwdrivers
- Leatherman multi-plier
- some surgical gloves
- jumper cables
- distributor cap
- spark plugs
- fan belt
- thermostat
- Allan Key set
- wrench set
- fuses

It all stows rather tidy in the boot!  (doesn't that sound silly)  I may
still add a flashlight, maybe a crescent wrench of vise grips...  Believe it
or not there is still a bit of room in the small bag.