d & j type overdrive ratios

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: d & j type overdrive ratios
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 18:12:59 +0100 (BST)
Can someone clear up what are the proper ratios for the d & j type
overdrives?

I have the figure of 0.8 - but the Haynes manual gives me odd numbers that
I don't understand. It also has the MkIV in there twice - both as D-types
- but the MkIV also had a J-type at the end of its life - which isnt
mentioned.

Can someone give me some definite figures?

Also - if anyone knows what the GT6 came with regarding diff ratios I'd be
most pleased to know - as far as I can work out standard came with 3.27
and cars with OD came with 3.89?

It's all to fine tune this:

www.mintylamb.co.uk/gearspeed/

James