Re: Spitfire/GT6 center dash interchangeability?

To: ken@dukecomm.duke.edu (Ken Strayhorn), spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire/GT6 center dash interchangeability?
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:19:22 -0500
In a message dated 12/17/2003 9:42:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ken@dukecomm.duke.edu writes:

> However, I'd like to install a wood dash as part of my general upgrades
> and was wondering if the center dash console of a GT6 is about the same
> size - since that has an oil pressure gauge already, it would save me
> having to cut a hole in the new dash.
>
> Has anyone else tried this? Did it work? This is for a '72 MkIV

Ken, yes, it will work. I assume, from your description, that you have sourced
a GT6 dash that happens to have had an oil pressure gauge installed?
Originally, the GT6 had the same instrumentation as did the Spitfire...no more,
no less, although the gauges themselves were slightly different.

Also, note that the GT6 center dash section, if original, is going to have
extra switches on it (dome light and rear window defroster) that your Spitfire
won't need. And if you're using a GT6 complete three-piece wood dash, you'll
also have either useless "eyeball" fresh air vents or two extra round holes to
fill left and right. ;-)

--Andy Mace