Spitfire/GT6 center dash interchangeability?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire/GT6 center dash interchangeability?
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:42:08 -0500
Friends -

Years ago I installed an old pressure gauge in my Spitfire by drilling
a hole in the right dash panel. Not very elegant but it worked. It was
the black plastic dash anyway.

However, I'd like to install a wood dash as part of my general upgrades
and was wondering if the center dash console of a GT6 is about the same
size - since that has an oil pressure gauge already, it would save me
having to cut a hole in the new dash.

Has anyone else tried this? Did it work? This is for a '72 MkIV

Thanks in advance,

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC