RE: Tragic News

To: "'Nolan Penney'" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tragic News
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:26:07 -0400
Nolan,

Keep in mind that the MOT process is more stringent than most of
our safety inspections here in the States. I took my then 4 year
old Spitfire in for MOT, and it failed for rusty brake lines.
The Stag I had at VTR/TRF would never be allowed on the roads
in the UK. I don't want to say that they nit-pick, but the
inspectors do go through the car with a pretty fine tooth comb.

Richard,

Hopefully you will find another tub with which you can revive
the sleeping Daffy.

Doug

--
Doug Mitchell