Engine Rebuild

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Rebuild
From: My79Spitfire@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:45:20 EDT
Hi all,

I am finally rebuilding my 1500 engine following the Champaign disaster.  I
have a question about oil.  When rebuilding an aircraft engine, we always ran
non-detergent (straight mineral) oil for the first 100 hours or until
consumption stabilized.  Do I need to do that with the Spit as well?  Or can I
just
start off with 20w-50 and be done with it?  Thanks.

Geof Bush
Please Sponsor Me?  I will be driving my Spitfire to benefit the Hemophilia
Foundation:  <A HREF="www.mibrr.com">www.mibrr.com</A>
North American Spitfire Squadron (NASS) - Member #11
NASS MASH Coordinator
Michigan NASS Wing Commander
Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club
Vintage Triumph Registry