RE: Door handle gaskets?

To: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>,
Subject: RE: Door handle gaskets?
From: robert.dambrauskas@kodak.com
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:09:16 -0400
I bought mine from Victoria British in February. They were $2.25 for two,
two-piece sets.The sticker on the envelope has " 9-826  U60 1/32 NEO
730708 "
Which is : ( the part no: 9-826 ) and I'm assuming the " NEO " is  1/32
inch neoprene . Nice thin rubber, fit very well on my 67 MK II. I also
bought the trunk hinge gasket set and the trunk lock gasket ( 9-824 and
9-825)  The trunk hinge gaskets are  also the same  NEO  material , the
trunk lock gasket is not marked as NEO, but is also a nice , thin rubber.
They were : $1.95 and $0.50 .  I did originally also make my own by
bolting the handle to a piece of sheet metal with an oversize piece of
rubber sandwiched between them. Then I trimmed the excess rubber with an
X-acto knife. Turned out well but I used thicker rubber and I like the
thinner gaskets from VB better.
bob