new to Spit list - disc removal

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: new to Spit list - disc removal
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:08:56 EDT
Hello all,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Peter Schoppelry and I have been on the
big Triumph list for a couple of years now. I usually spend more time in the
back ground than talking. I have been working on a frame off rebuild on a TR4
for a few years now. I drove a GT6 for a couple of years as my only car about
thirty years back. Not having a Triumph to drive now, I went out and bought a
Spitfire a couple of weeks ago. It is a 1979 1500 with overdrive and a hard
top.
The car has been off the road since 1985. The previous owner has done a
little work on the car before selling it to me. It still needs a little work to
make it road worthy but not much. Seeing that the Spitfires have their own
list,
I have signed up.

I will start off by asking for help on removing my rotors from the hubs on
the car. I am replacing the rotors with new. They should come in the mail
today.
I took the old ones off the car but cannot separate the rotor from the hub. I
removed the 4 bolts that hold the pieces together. I then soaked it with
PBblaster. I used a hammer on the hub and saw it was starting to bend. I soaked
it
more and tried using a BFH on the rotor surface itself (will be replaced). I
can only give it one whack and I knock it out of my hand. They will not
separate. How do I get these apart? Do I need to use a press to separate the
two?

TIA
Peter Schoppelry
79 Spitfire