RE: Rear Axle Wear

To: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Rear Axle Wear
From: "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:39:51 -0400
I found a vendor who could solve this problem forever, although I have not
yet tried it.  He will take your rear hub and machine to fit a new roller
bearing that rides on an inner race instead of the needle bearings riding
directly on the axel.  With this setup, you should not have to replace the
axels every 10,000 miles.  You send him your axel, and he'll do the
modifications for $250 per half axel.  I may do this upgrade this winter.
NFI.  If you are interested, drop me an email and I'll forward his email
address.

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga