hi I'm new here, I've got a 1980 spitfire 1500..

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: hi I'm new here, I've got a 1980 spitfire 1500..
From: Choices98@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 01:18:59 EDT
Hi, I have a 1980 spitfire 1500 that runs very well and strong too! A curious
thing is hapening though. I smelt oil burning, and thought perhaps it was
just residue left on the engine since it had been sitting for awile, however
on closer inspection, it is spilling out from the dipstick stem,  I recently
changed the oil and put the proper amount in (4 quarts according to the
manual). Does anyone have any idea what is happening here, it's definately
not getting hot enough to boil over.

    Thanks, Steve the new triumph enthusiast!