A triumphant story......

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com
Subject: A triumphant story......
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 06:48:08 EDT
In a land far far away lived an old but very agile and wise Wizard.......He
stood upon the mountain top and.with his long beard a-flowing in the breeze
and pointed hat at an angle on his wise old head, he raised his wooden magic
wand and aimed it at the stars. With a knowing smile he pointed it at a
myriad of stars that we know as the Milky Way.......only he knows more than
we do.......... The ruby set in the handle reflected the brightness of the
moon and he felt a slight tingle go down the wand into his hand and through
his body, and he was content.This is, he said, ever so silently to himself,
the best day of my lives. For it was on this day that he was to hand over his
cloak to a younger member of his clan, and he was to retire to live his days
in the splendour of NZland. I think it is about time I had a sleep he said.
So without no more ado he flung his cloak into the air and donned a special
shirt given to him by others of his clan, and laid down for a well earned
rest. Ahhhhhh he mumbled softly as his head hit the pillow this will be the
best kip I have had for a long time. This 'time' in ages to come was to be
known as Kip time or to give it the name for which it has become famous for
"Kipping".  Much was to happen in the future but one thing for certain is
that the Wizard could, if he wished, make things happen. So much so that his
followers leant on every word he said. This pleased the wise one. After all
wasnt he the wisest Wizard who could do anything. But it came to pass that he
got bored with just clicking his fingers to get what he wanted,  I will not
forsake those who were the mainstay of this paradise I am in , he said. I
will shed my mantle of Wizard and become one of them. It was then that a
sense of fulfillment came over him and he slowly laid down his magic wand,
which incidentally was made by Snap-On, and donning the special shirt, he
uttered a few magic words....GEG1149 and GEG178, plus a whole lot more that
are too numerous to mention here, and Lo he was mortal. The wand became
duller, and Snap-On became Britool, then finally the lustre went completely
and it was destined to lay in its box with King Dick stamped all over it,
never to be taken out in anger again. A sense of sadness came over the
Wizard, but he knew he had to do just one more thing and that was to name
himself. This he did with the aid of a Pentium PC and the incantation of
certain words beginning with www.  names for wizards.co.nz. He picked the
very first name that he saw......JOHN !!!!!!! This was the start of his life
on earth as part of the human race, whereas before he was merely a magically
informed  mechanic. Now he was a PC informed mechanic with no super powers.
He stared at the PC wondering if his followers would still be there. He was
worried, very worried. He started to type spitfires@auto  then he
stopped...What if I have forgotten things, he muttered to himself.......no
problems he said with a grin, I have my trusty magic manual here. The Wimmers
catalogue !!!!! He never could say his rrrr's.  So with all the confidence in
the world, well in NZ anyway, he started to type. He found all his followers
were still there, oil coated spanners at the ready, circlip pliers poised,
eagerly awaiting the sage to appear. All was well, all was Triumphant, bells
rang, spanners were cleaned, UJ's were easy to replace, everything Triumph
was hunky dory.....................John the Kipping was back.

Happy Spitting...................John (in the United Kingdom)
Spit Mk II (1966) in bits..or as some would say (in restoration)
Spit Mk III donor car     ( I am nearly a collector)
Mk IV chassis with all running gear.......(I AM a collector)
Outgoing mail is Virus Free.