'78 steering wheel (was photos of the differences in dates on

To: "'L.R.Cooper'" <Laura.G@141.com>,
Subject: '78 steering wheel (was photos of the differences in dates on
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:19:56 +0100
Mike said:

...Nice one; this is hard to come by.   It was fitted for a very short
period of time to late '77 and early '78 cars.   It took me the best part of
a year to find one to replace the awful Mountney thing the DPO had fitted to
my car...

and Laura said:

...Yes, this is the wheel the that Nigel (Feb. 1978) has-and I've never been
to a show yet when someone hasn't tried to buy it from me!...

Well, it seems that I have done the opposite to Mike - my wheel was so
shoddy that I replaced it with a Mountney, and have been entirely happy with
it for several years now.  Then again, I'm not such a stickler for
originality as Mike, who to a few people may appear a little obsessive... ;)

However, if this is such a desirable item to some, I'm very happy to part
with mine.  If you can get the rim re-covered with new leather, a little
polish on the spokes and it will look fine.  E-mail me and its yours for a
nominal fee plus postage.

On the subject, I remember Mike also getting obsessed over some clips that
hold the seat belt buckles when you are not wearing them.  Shortly after he
eventually tracked them down, I discovered that I had a pair sitting in a
cardboard box in my garage...  Again, I'm really not that bothered about
them, so if someone out there is a stickler for originality you can have
them for the same nominal fee plus postage - I should warn that the plastic
casing on both is rather cracked.

Richard

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email