RE: Pickup Truck vs. Spitfire (not pretty)

To: "'Alan Morris'" <Klatka@earthlink.net>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Pickup Truck vs. Spitfire (not pretty)
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:29:16 +0100
Alan,

Sorry to hear about your precious car being damaged, but mainly glad to hear
that all humans involved are OK.

Presumably, if you were rear-ended, the accident was their fault.  In which
case, why are you trying to save their insurance any money by buying
2nd-hand parts and doing the repair work yourself?  Why should you be
inconvenienced by having your car out of action for the time it will take
you to repair it?

I'm not of the 'take them for all that they are worth' mentality - that's
the sort of thinking that drives up insurance costs for all of us - but it
is right that they should pay for a professional repair using new parts.
That's what they would have to do if they hit the back of a new car, and
yours shouldn't be any different.

Again, glad to hear that you are alright, physically at least, even if you
are emotionally damaged (I know I was under similar circumstances!)

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email