RE: Which engine to rebuild?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Which engine to rebuild?
From: "Eduard Tieseler" <etiesele@metrolist.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:30:50 -0700
I have heard the same things about the 1.3 engines, I don't know why they
are supposed to be better motors, but they produce about the same power
(actually, I think the 1.3 makes a little more).  I think the 1.3 also has a
higher compression ratio along with a better head design(?).

my $.02

Eduard Tieseler
'66 Herald (With a 1.3 from a 69 Mk3 soon to be running)

Kevin,

Im pretty sure on this, maybe some others can back me up, the 1296 is the
one to
rebuild.

The 1500 is the worse of the 2 engines, being more prone to bottom end
problems,
and the 1300 is considered the more peppy.

The 1300 engine from the Mk3 is considered the best of all the Spit engines.

James