Re: [triumph_herald] First Impromptu Round Mid New Jersey

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] First Impromptu Round Mid New Jersey
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 08:17:19 -0400
Hi All,
reading this makes me sad.  Isn't it the rewards of LBC ownership, hundreds
of hours of restoration work, etc, to be able to drive your beloved car in
events, like Scott has mentioned?
In my opinion, there is no better time to be had than driving with other
Triumph owners, attending rallies, and other fun events. This beats car
shows any time.
Wilf and I are just about to leave on a 200 km autumn drive through the
Ottawa valley into the Gatineau hills of Quebec. This is an event the Ottawa
Triumph Club holds every year and it's well attended by many. We'll be
driving to some pictures cliff side look out, visit a romantic town where
we'll stop for a coffee/pub sightseeing adventure, then carry on along the
Ottawa river to a members home for a back yard BBQ, were we'll be checking
out the progress on his TR3, which is an amazing restoration by someone
never having done this kind of work before. This fellow is fabricating his
own panels, all of them, making his own templates etc.
So, I'll fire up the Spit now, hope that all runs well and have some fun,
top down action, in near freezing temperatures. It's suppose to be a nice,
but cool day.
Hope you all can and will enjoy this Sunday in the same spitting spirits.
Cheers
Liv