Re: [triumph_herald] First Impromptu Round Mid New Jersey

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] First Impromptu Round Mid New Jersey
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 23:28:17 -0400
Well, it is 11:20 PM local time, and I have not received as much as a single
reply to my idea. Not a sausage. I guess that means it ain't happening this
year.

In other news, the Herald did a 125 mile run today. Still has the unidentified
fluif rolling up the bonnet. I am pretty sure it is oil sucking out of the
dipstick hole, and going with the air path. Also, I still have a fuel odor at
speed- I have just changed the fluid in my SU's to 30wt from ATF, to see if
increased dampening helps. I think my front carb is letting too much fuel out-
same as when I ran it once(only once) without the dampers in place... If I can
fix those two, then I might just have a shot at complete happiness. That, and
find a girl with nice legs to accompany me on jaunts about the countryside.
(Tonight is a beautiful night for a romantic ride. Too bad I only have a
PICTURE of a girl to take along!)

Oh, an aside to the Jeep commentators- I had a 44 MB from my 16th birthday
until I was 34. Sold it to my best friend, who is keeping it as she
was(restored to British configuration and paint) and received the Herald as
partial payment. Tonight I noticed that driving with only the parking lights on
gives the same effect as driving the jeep with the blackout drive light on!

Scott

  Subject: [triumph_herald] First Impromptu Round Mid New Jersey Reliability Run

  Ok Everyone in NJ, eastern PA, I've been hearing about the "Round Britain
Reliability Run" for some weeks now, as well as almost hourly updates, and I
think that we colonials, in support of our brothers in cars across the sea,
should do something in support of their efforts.

  Therefore, I propose the following; The First "Impromptu Round Mid New Jersey
Reliability Run" to be held tomorrow, as the weather is supposed to cooperate.
Due to short notice, and even shorter route, the run will be substantially
shorter in duration than theirs, but fun none the less.