Re: Engine and gearbox found

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: Engine and gearbox found
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:32:23 -0700 (PDT)
James,

If you do not know how long the engine has been standing I would strongly
advise getting the cooling system flushed out as it is possible that it
will have got silted up.  I did not do this with my engine and I reckon
that was the root of my subsequent problems.

Are you getting the water pump with the engine too?  If so then I would
advise also changing the temperature sender and water valve.  These are
only cheap items and for the sake of knowing that your temp guage is
reading correctly it's worth it.  The other problem that I had with my
engine was that the water valve had rusted up and I suspect it was
non-operational.

Good luck with it!

John
http://sbc.yahoo.com