Re: '70 Mk 3 Clutch Replacement -- What to do?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '70 Mk 3 Clutch Replacement -- What to do?
From: "J & C Cullen" <ccullen16@cogeco.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:45:16 -0400
Adam,

Might as well replace the pilot bushing too. As far as resurfacing the
flywheel. It is heck of alot of work to do and not do it right... I am no
expert by any means - there are others on this list who can probably speak
to the technical aspect of why you should resurface it. However, my
recommendation would be to resurface the flywheel.

Good Luck,

Jim
1974 Spitfire

P.S. Time spent building/finding an appropriate "rolling" dolly to hold the
weight of the tranny while you jostle/join/swear it back to the engine is
time well spent.