'70 Mk 3 Clutch Replacement -- What to do?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: '70 Mk 3 Clutch Replacement -- What to do?
From: Adam Rodnitzky <arodnitzky@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:25:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Everyone,

Back again after being unable to connect for a few
months. Next weekend, I am tackling clutch replacement
on my '70 Mk3. So far, I have a 3-piece kit (clutch
disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing), rebuild kits
for the clutch master and slave cylinders, and the
alignment tool.
While I am in there, is there anything else I should
do? I am thinking... perhaps the rear engine seal, and
front/rear transmission seals? The car shifts fine, so
I don't believe I need to rebush the gearshift lever.
Also, is it always necessary to have the flywheel
deglazed/resurfaced?

Thanks!

Adam R.
'70 Spitfire Mk3