Re: Hard Top Resto 2 - and Car-O-Scope

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Hard Top Resto 2 - and Car-O-Scope
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 22:38:26 +0100
Mike wrote:

> <g>   I got half-a-ton of peat, gravel and sand in the back of this last
> week.   Couldn't have done *that* in the Spit...

Ahh yes - but you should see how much stuff I can get in my Spit when I go
home for college holidays; Guitar, Amp (plus all my fx pedals), TV, VCR,
Camera gadget bag, loads of cds, all my clothes (not that many really). In
retrospect that list is a bit pathetic - but when you see it all stuffed in
the spit - the car visibly leans to the left too. The only thing I leave
behind is my hi fi - but I could probably get that in there if I really
wanted.

I've got the way I put all my stuff in my spit down to a fine art now...
took me a while to figure out exactly how to do it in the first place.

> Having spent today on a long drive in the country, I realised that, with
> the top down, and the cassette-player blasting Crosby, Stills, Nash and
> Young, I could no longer hear any of the rattles that had been bugging
> me all through the winter.   Instead I started to worry about *smells*.
> "Is that burning insulation, or is it the pig farm I have just passed?"

Can I suggest some sort of nose plug. Or perhaps a few hundred of those
tree's. Someone gave me a smelly thing at christmas - but my car makes so
much smell that after a few weeks it didn't work - in fact it took on the
smell of the car.

ttfn,

James