Hard Top Resto 2 - and Car-O-Scope

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hard Top Resto 2 - and Car-O-Scope
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:22:41 +0100
Well I do have everything already on the hard top. (except for the chrome
finisher) - I'll take a look at it tomorrow - and see what I might want to
replace.

But what I realise now is the main question: Will all the seals etc come off
and then go back on again?

Can I take out the rear glass and then put it back in again safely?

I guess things like the headlining could do with just cleaning up - there are
no rips - but it should be fine - perhaps some sort of spray paint for
material?

And I'm certainly not going to buy one of those new hardtops that Rimmer sell
- they just don't compare to the real thing. I'd say the original is worth at
least the amount of an original (even if you do have to do it up yourself like
Mike did) - probably worth at least 1 1/2 times more IMHO.

I do use my spit all year round - and the hardtop is important to me. It has
that added cosy factor when it's on.

And hopefully the spraying will be super cheap - as the friend of his that's
doing it is doing all the bodywork and paint on my uncle's mk2 jag he is
completely restoring from a pile of bits.

Oh and my car-o-scope results:

      1. Peugeot 505
      2. Volvo 244
      3. Saab 9000CD
      4. BMW 2002
      5. Oldsmobile Cutlass

Apart from the Volvo and Oldsmobile I think thats a pretty good result.

It said that Im frugal and a bit of a snob. That other spitfire owners make
more money than me - I would hope so!!

But if I don't make very much money - I ticked the lowest number - how come it
picked the Peugeot, Saab and BMW then??

But then at least it didn't tell me I should be driving that damn ugly Dodge
Colt Vista, unlike certain members of this list....   :)

ttfn,

James

1977 Pimento Red