Re: Hard Top Resto 2 - and Car-O-Scope

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Hard Top Resto 2 - and Car-O-Scope
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 17:18:27 -0700
James when I had my hard top redone, I replaced the seals around the
roll up windows, but the rest were OK as was the front edge one. The
back window popped in and out with the seal (no rope required like the
windscreen). Also the opening ones just needed the rivets drilled out
and replaced when you put them back in after painting. The triangular
seals I had also just pushed off and on again. They were in pretty good
shape as well. I did get the fancy rivets for the back bottom edge
chrome(?) trim but have nor replaced the plastic one around the rear
window. It now matches the front in not having one. Headliner was
covered over during painting and I repaired the front edge which is
mainly hidden by the seal and I try to keep the sun visors up to hide
the rest of the repair.
I just tried a vinyl cleaner and it came up pretty OK. Still slightly
discoloured.

Alan