Re: Age Related Discounts / Younger Owners LONG

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Age Related Discounts / Younger Owners LONG
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:02:28 EDT
In a message dated 06/25/2001 7:16:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dr_faustus@pcisys.net writes:

<< I can't see anybody getting excited about restoring a Chrysler K car. >>

I don't personally either, but if you look at what's being restored/rodded on
the American scene at the moment... i.e. fat fender late 40's and the early
50's cars you'll see that peoples tastes change over the years.  My dad about
gagged the first time he saw a 52 Chev rodded, those were "boring, old mans
cars" in his words.  They are however MUCH less expensive to buy than a 32
Ford or 49 Merc so people buy them to build because they can actually afford
to do so.  In 15-20 years there will be few enough of those Z cars around
(not to mention LBCs) that prices will most likely rise there too.  I will,
however, still choke the first time I see a restored K car :)
Bill J
'68 GT8