Re: Age Related Discounts / Younger Owners LONG

To: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Subject: Re: Age Related Discounts / Younger Owners LONG
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 11:30:12 -0700 (PDT)
I know a K car is nothing to look at, but my cousin
and I have been working on an Omni GLH Turbo which is
damn fun to work on and drive.  We are just finishing
the intercooling stage.  This this will be running
close to 200 hp and a quarter mile time around 13.8.
IT may not be the best looking car, but that's way
it's fun.  YOu shoudl see the look on the drivers face
of the mustang GT or Camero Z28 when they get bet by
an Omni!  That is satisfaction.
Mark
--- PorscheRcr@aol.com wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> dr_faustus@pcisys.net writes:
>
> << I can't see anybody getting excited about
> restoring a Chrysler K car. >>
>
> I don't personally either, but if you look at what's
> being restored/rodded on
> the American scene at the moment... i.e. fat fender
> late 40's and the early
> 50's cars you'll see that peoples tastes change over
> the years.  My dad about
> gagged the first time he saw a 52 Chev rodded, those
> were "boring, old mans
> cars" in his words.  They are however MUCH less
> expensive to buy than a 32
> Ford or 49 Merc so people buy them to build because
> they can actually afford
> to do so.  In 15-20 years there will be few enough
> of those Z cars around
> (not to mention LBCs) that prices will most likely
> rise there too.  I will,
> however, still choke the first time I see a restored
> K car :)
> Bill J
> '68 GT8

=====