Re: Huh?? Rear sway bar??

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <wmmk1@informatics.net>
Subject: Re: Huh?? Rear sway bar??
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:17:34 -0400
Still got it and want to get rid of it?

As I vaguely understand it, there was some sort of swaybar made for Spitfires
that was not your normal type of swaybar.  Instead, it simply bound up the
suspension; something a standard design swaybar would not do.  Perhaps that is
the type you have?

>>> "BILL McDEVITT" <wmmk1@informatics.net> 06/20 7:21 PM >>>
Brian, It's a great piece of equipment if you plan on using it just for Auto
Cross racing!! Otherwise, forget it. It eliminates at least 90 % of the
movement of the rear suspension and makes your Spitfire ride very, very
rough!!
So rough, that my wife refused to ride with me on the highway!!
I removed it and installed Joe's compensator bar. It still does
very well in the Auto Cross and the wife will once again ride in
it!!   (Just one person's opinion)