Re: Spitfire oil pressure - concerns - considerations

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire oil pressure - concerns - considerations
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:10:44 -0700
Paul,

I'm not so sure that warm idle oil pressure readings were ever published.
At least, I've never seen them.  40 PSI at 2,000 is the minimum you should
be seeing.  I believe the acceptable range at 2k RPM is 40-60psi.  Mine runs
at 55-60psi under load and dips down to about 25psi at idle if memory serves
me.  I'm also running Castrol 20w50.  As long as you can maintain 40+psi @
2000 RPM when fully warm, you shouldn't be too concerned.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
home of the FREE Totally Triumph Auction
The Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- organized, illustrated, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
and the Totally Triumph Classifieds -- photo ads with advanced features
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi