Re: Washer Pump and Bottle

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Washer Pump and Bottle
From: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 10:23:27 -0400
At 08:28 AM 6/10/2001 +0100, Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:
>  What is a "Well Nut"?   Is this supposed to be a captive nut,
>welded onto the underside of the deck?   If so, I think I'll go with a
>cable tie...

Michael,  a Well Nut is a rubber-coated sort of plug with a brass fitting
inside. When a bolt is screwed into it the bottom of the rubber is drawn up
and holds the well nut into the sheet metal.   An added benefit of this
type of fastener is that it provides some vibration protection.

Found a picture at

http://www.gouldfast.ca/authorized/wellnut.html

I have seen them occasionally at the Home Depot here in the USA, I'm sure
they were metric threads though.

Save the cable ties for another day!

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire