How to recognise a small crank...

To: "SpitList" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "NASS"
Subject: How to recognise a small crank...
From: "Suzie" <suzie_bear@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 20:34:31 +0100
I'm goiing to collect a recon short engine for Baby Blue (Mk III SPitfire)
next week I'm told that the company removes the original engine numbers and
apply their own, so, is there an easy way of confirming whether I'm actually
getting a small crank engine, as in the FD series for a MkIII rather than
the later ones used in the Mk IVs.

Poor Baby Blue, on her way up to Marlborough yesterday to prepare her for
her 'heart transplant' she must have got cold feet and, right in the middle
of the back of beyond, she decided she didn't like her clutch any more and
broke it! Second trip on a low loader in just over a month to Wiltshire, do
you think she's trying to tell me something???

Suzie & BB (engineless now in anticipation of a wonderful new addition!)