Newbie.

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Newbie.
From: "Gary Tran" <triumphspit@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 06:38:45 -0000
Hey everyone, my girlfriend and I just acquired a 73 Triumph Spitfire as a
project car, a gift from her dad. I was referred to this list by Carter
Shore of the SR20de list and have been reading the posts and the website
(www.triumphspitfire.com) for a little while now. So hopefully I'm ready to
start. I have absolutely no knowledge of this car or this engine, so I can
use as much help as I can get. First off, where can I get a flute for my
carb? and second, the carb has an airbox connected to it, my question, what
is the thing that is connected at the end of the airbox because the engine
in our car is missing it. Hopefully after getting a flute, filter and other
missing components the car will start so that I know what I'm dealing with.
I know that the clutch leaks oil, and that needs to be fixed, but I've never
done anything on a clutch, anyone know where I can get the parts for this
and any tips for the job?
TIA
Gary