Steel Brake Line Tip ??????????????/

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Steel Brake Line Tip ??????????????/
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 06:49:23 +0100
In article <3.0.5.32.20010604163615.007b26f0@pcisys.net>, Dr. Faustus
<dr_faustus@pcisys.net> writes
>Not the stainless ones, just the mild steel ones.
>
>At 08:22 AM 6/4/01 -0400, you wrote:
>>Wow...new one on me!
>>Stainless steel that rusts?????
>>
>>Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com

Having said that, there are several grades of Stainless that *do* rust.
You're unlikely to come across them on cars or bikes, though.   If I
were a metallurgist, I could explain to you all about Austenitic and
Martensitic Stainless Steels, and the material properties of the various
grades, but since I'm not, you either have to take it on trust or find
an expert...

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"