D type and J type OD mount

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: D type and J type OD mount
From: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 00:55:22 -0700 (PDT)
Listers:

Does the J type use a different frame mount than the D
type OD?

I tried to take the mount that came w/ my D type and
bolt it to my J type, but have a problem.

The 2 hole pattern for the 'U' bracket is the same but
the OD housing is cast in a different shape.  The J
type protrudes more to the bottom and the housing hits
the bolts that hold the rubber insulator and the 'U'
bracket together.

         ____       ___
        | O  \_____/ O |  < these holes go to OD
         \_           _/
           |  O   O  |   < bolts hold brkt to rubber
            rubber          (and hit OD housing)
            mount goes
              here

Are all J type housings the same.  I ran the numbers
on my J type once and it didn't show up as a Triumph
unit.  Maybe came from a Volvo?

TIA

Jason
GT6