Re: Motor Gurus

To: <A666K@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Motor Gurus
From: "D T Gebhard" <kimkell@decaturnet.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 08:39:57 -0500
>>-Diagnosis: The carb is untouched, so this is
suspect, as the engine flows
better then before>>>>>>>>>

Avi,I think that the DGV should be rejetted. Check
out Paul Tegler site and follow his directions on
choosing the jets.
                1978 Spit
                1534cc
                .040 over
                TR6 pistons
                shaved head (him or the car???)
                CR...9.75/1
                mild cam

primary idle jet..............55
primary main jet.............140
primary emulsion tube...F50
primary air corrector...160
secondary idle jet...........50
secondary main jet............135
secondary emulsion tube..F6
secondary air corrector..165

This straight off his site.(I saved you a step!!)
I have a DGV jetted close to this but not quite as
aggressive because I have done any internal work
yet other than shaving my head (on the Spitfire!!)

Believe him..He knows his stuff!!!!

            Dave Gebhard