Re: Spitfire Parts Database

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Parts Database
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 08:14:01 +0100
In article <5.0.2.1.0.20010601184156.0370c9a0@tpbuck.inbox.email.arizon>
, Tyler Buck <tpbuck@u.arizona.edu> writes
>Well I had some time today and created the bare-bones database
>structure.  Currently you can add and find spitfire items (parts, books,
>etc) based on a part number (haven't figured out what exactly to use for
>this....right now just assigning arbitrary values).  The database will
>return all occurrences of the part, ie different vendors and each
>occurrence has a description field, the price and a quality rating.  My
>questions are these;  Anyone have a Triumph Parts Manual for sale?

Tyler,

Might be an appropriate idea to load these as your first genuine data
entries.

Rimmer has:

511682 Mk I ("Spitfire 4") and Mk II Part Book, British Leyland, @
GBP25.56
516282 Mk III Part Book, British Leyland, @ GBP18.85
RTC9008A Mk IV Part Book, British Leyland, "No Longer Available - Use
RTC9819CB" (which strikes me as peculiar)
RTC9819CB 1500 (late) Part Book, British Leyland, @ GBP17.46

TRGB has:

516282 Spitfire Mk III Parts Catalogue @ GBP17.60
RTC9819CB Spitfire 1500 Parts Catalogue @ GBP17.60

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"