Re: Help identifying my engine

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Subject: Re: Help identifying my engine
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 06:47:56 -0400
Look on the engine block for the identification letters and numbers.  It's on a
flat surface, right beside where the head gasket would lie.  Think it's the
right front corner of the engine.  That number identifies the block.  Lets
start there.

>>> Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu> 05/29 3:59 PM >>>
I'm looking for a little help.  While replacing a leaking manifold gasket
today I got a rather big surprise.  Not only am I certain that the engine
in my 79 is not the original, I'm not even sure what or where it came from.