Chrome Trim and Map-Light

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Chrome Trim and Map-Light
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 07:19:38 +0100
Dear All,

After trying and failing to fit the chrome windscreen trim to Carly
myself, I took it to Autoglass yesterday, to let the professionals do
the job.   After an hour and a half, the professionals admitted defeat
as well.   However, the staff at Autoglass did point out that it would
be comparatively simple to fit if the screen was out of the frame, and
further pointed out that I did actually need a new windscreen, because
of the large number of chips (some of which are developing into
cracks...).   I shall be phoning my insurance company later on today to
confirm that I can have the windscreen replaced before it shatters.

The other little job I tried to do yesterday was to fit the Map-Light.
Can anyone tell me where it is supposed to attach?   According to the
illustrations I have seen, it looks as though it should screw into the
rail behind the lower crash pad, about half-way along the glove
compartment.   There is no hole for it to go into there.   Should I
drill one?

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"