Securing the throttle linkage,etc on a Stromberg carb

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Securing the throttle linkage,etc on a Stromberg carb
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 12:26:09 -0500
This problem plagued me last year.

The nut that holds the throttle body together on the carb came loose last
year. I tried putting on what I thought was a secure nut, but it fell off as
I was driving it.

Right now, I found what I think is a suitable nut + spring washer(on tight
so the spring washer's a bit compressed) to hold it all together, but what's
the right part? The right nut size/type? I feel if I hit the pedal and such
over and over again, that nut's going to come loose yet again. With the way
the throttle 'bolt' is made, there doesn't seem to be much threading on it.
In fact, I know of one or two nuts I tried just slip on, but slip right off.

a picture of my problem can be found at
http://www.livejournal.com/users/british

Look at the bottom.

Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net