Unusual questions

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Unusual questions
From: "Thomas Mercks" <tmercks@mail.blount.state.tn.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 16:15:24 -0400
I have a couple of curious and unusual questions about my '69 Spit Mk3. First,
while perusing the Rimmers catalog I noticed that the dashboard configurations
for Mk1, 2, & 3's would have the instruments in the center of the car and not
above the steering column.  My dash is configured more like a Mk4, with
instruments over the steering column and vent controls in the center. I'm
fairly sure the P.O. did nothing more than run the wheels off 'till he blew
the previous motor. Was this an American adaptation for the LH drive car or am
I just nuts?

Secondly, I have a set of hubcaps that cover the wheel with the text "Triumph
Spitfire" circling a center cone, circled by a series of vent slats. I can't
be sure they are not an early aftermarket, but I've never seen a reproduction
of these. Anyone else have these?

Just curious. Thanks

Tommy Mercks
tmercks@mail.blount.state.tn.us